We focus on projects which fit within our mission to help create a more responsive government, one that acts quickly and meaningfully on behalf of the people it serves.
- Barriers are removed between residents and available resources, especially for those that really need them.
- Positive interactions between residents and their government.
- A data-driven approach to identify emerging issues and deliver holistic services.
- Equitable opportunities for residents to access services and engage with civic issues.
- Residents feel personally connected to their neighbourhood and city.
The City of Toronto’s 311 service receives more than 1.5 million calls each year, 70 per cent of which are questions rather than requests for service. We’re looking for a partner to work with the City and its residents to design, build and pilot a more responsive model for 311 information requests.
This is a challenge facing cities across North America, where 311 systems are experiencing increased volumes of public inquiries and struggling to introduce new tools and technologies that will allow them to better manage the flow of information to residents and learn from the data they collect.